Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday's Recommended Reading!

This Thursday's In-The-Know Recommends come from Debbie Campbell, owner of Statesboro, Georgia's independent bookstore The Book and Cranny.

For the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Fan:
Echo by Jack McDevitt
Described as satisfying, masterful, and suspenseful, McDevitt's work challenges and haunts his readers -- Echo is no exception. Available in November.




For The YA Reader:
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
More from the adventures of Percy Jackson and Camp Half-Blood. Available now.



For the Mystery Fan:
The Confession by John Grisham
Its tagline: "Only a guilty man can save him." This book is John Grisham "back on his game," says Debbie. Available now.

4 comments:

Susanna Ives said...

The Book and Cranny is a great bookstore. Thanks for the recs.

Mojito Literary Society said...

It IS a great bookstore! And I'm not saying that because Debbie would hurt me or anything -- she wouldn't! Honest!

Betty said...

I've been wanting to read The Confession. Grisham is one of my favorite authors. I'm currently reading a book called "Borneo Tom" by author Tom McLaughlin. He's a retired biology teacher who wrote about traveling/living in Asia. His sense of humor is hysterical. I'm really enjoying it!

second passport said...

Hi there! I have read your article, and I must say it’s quite fascinating. What you have written is a general feeling but the way you have embedded the feeling into text is admirable.
second passport